15.11.09

from the inspiration files




I LOVE the layers and tiers and flaps and ruffles (yes i said i liked ruffles...[vom]) of these pieces but I am totally stumped what collection I found them in?! I thought for sure it was Hussein Chalayan circa 2001ish...if anyone recognizes let me know, but I'll keep searching.

Lately I've been finding a lot of inspiration from Hussein Chalayan from the early 2000's collections. Hussein Chayalan's architectural lines on so many pieces really are inspiring...and can be very heavy on the experimental side (remember the wooden table/skirt???) HERE. 

I tend to lean quite a bit on architecture for inspiration...my father is an architect so I have to attribute much of this aesthetic obsession to him and our summer night drives looking at "cool buildings and houses!" also his influence on me to go on and study architecture in undergrad. 

3 comments:

anastassia said...

His stuff is always so fun and drool worthy.

Anonymous said...

Why no updates?

Anonymous said...

These dresses are so beautiful. Hope you will continue to write more good blogs. Free time you can visit my site nhung bo phim chien tranh nga hay to watch the war movie